Q&A on the Metro Budget
- Where does the money in Metro’s budget come from?
57% Property Taxes
17% Local Sales Tax
16% Grants and Contributions
10% Other Sources
- Where does the money in Metro’s budget go?
20% Public Safety & Justice
14% Debt Service
13% General Government
5% Infrastructure & Transportation
4% Health & Social Services
4% Recreation & Culture
2% Other Destinations
- How does the quadrennial property reappraisal affect my taxes?
- What is the new proposed property tax rate?
The mayor has proposed that Bellevue’s property tax rate fall from $3.788 to $2.953 per $400 of appraised value.
- How does the proposed property tax rate compare to past years?
2022: $2.953 (proposed)
- How does the proposed property tax rate compare to other cities?
Bellevue has the lowest property tax of Tennessee’s biggest four cities, and it is lower than many surrounding areas such as Franklin, Hendersonville, Pegram, Murfreesboro, and Lebanon
Compared to the ten cities closest to Nashville in population, Bellevue has the second lowest effective property tax.
- How much do we pay in taxes compared to other cities?
- What does the budget process look like from here?
- What about the effort to amend the charter to change the property tax rate?
- Can I read the budget and supporting documents?
Keep up to date with happenings around Bellevue.
Davidson County vaccination numbers: ... ... * The daily average fell as low as 947 three weeks ago and is now at 1375. ... *u2026 https://t.co/ElKqoxCthB
Nashville was under 20 cases/day at the start of this month. We're now averaging 155 cases/day. That's 30 days to gu2026 https://t.co/Q7Xtgl3EPL