Video: Developer Offers New Details on One Bellevue Place
(February 25, 2015) The second community meeting regarding the redevelopment of the mall property, now known as One Bellevue Place, was held on February 24 at CrossPoint Church. The meeting was led by Councilwoman Sheri Weiner and featured presentations from Crosland Southeast’s Tim Sittema, Hawkins Partners’ Kim Hawkins, and Pearl Street Partners’ Khris Pascarella.
The meeting added new detail to what was provided at the November meeting, including:
- an update on leasing
- A lease has been signed for a full size (12- to 15-screen) movie theater with stadium seating. Movie theaters attract restaurants.
- The developer is negotiating with a specialty organic grocery store.
- A letter of intent has been signed by a hotel operator for a 4-story hotel.
- Plans are underway for the multifamily part of the property, which includes high-end amenities & services and AAA units featuring wood floors, granite countertops, pendant lighting, and other features.
- The approval process continues to flow smoothly.
- The developer successfully acquired property that was still under contract with Macy’s. The deal closed at the end of 2014.
- Biggest things still to work through are Sears’ refusal to cooperate with plans and nailing down the TIF (tax increment financing) piece.
Video of the entire meeting:
Keep up to date with the campaign and happenings around Bellevue.